If you’re not having two to three bowel movements per day you are constipated. According to Dr. Norman Walker, famous proponent of colon hydrotherapy, even with two or three bowel movements per day you STILL may be constipated. Some people may have daily bowel movements but their colons are so impacted and colon walls coated that only a very small amount is able to be eliminated slowing down transit time and allowing fecal matter to sit in your large intestine for indefinite amounts of time. Here are a few natural that may help relieve your constipation:
- Get a series of colonic irrigations
- Eat Prunes or drink prune juice ( Believe me it works. I was up early this morning assisting my 100 year old chronically constipated grandmother after having some prunes last night). Why do we never hear about this simple remedy anymore??
- Castor oil. Take a couple of spoonfuls. Kevin Trudeau, author of ‘More Natural Cures Revealed’, suggests ,“taking one-third cup of castor oil and one-third cup of beer. Stir then drink. Then drink the rest of the beer over the next half hour. Believe me, your constipation will be healed.” I’ve personally never tried this remedy but it sounds potent!
- Another Kevin Trudeau suggestion: A few spoonfuls of Epsom salts mixed with warm water. Drink and lie on your left side for half an hour.
- Magnesium. There is a great powdered supplement called ‘Natural Calm’ you can take and mix with hot water. Good to relax at night before bed and available in yummy raspberry or lemon flavours.
- Eat Papaya. Have some at breakfast. It has a laxative effect.
- Eat Figs. Soak a couple of dry ones overnight and eat in the morning. Believe me..this one works too. Just ask my granny!
- Eat Grapes. The combination of the cellulose, sugar, and organic acid in grapes gives them a laxative effect. I personally know that this one works!
- Eat Apples. They are good for just about everything.
- Use a hand massager on your stomach. Go in circles from left to right around your colon. It will help break up impactions.
How to eradicate constipation altogether??
There are many things you can do to improve bowel function and eliminate constipation. These suggestions will involve changing your diet and lifestyle though.
- Go for regular colonics or get a seasonal series of 4-6 colonics a couple of times per year.
- Eat a high fiber diet rich in fruits, veggies, and whole grains. Eat flax seed everyday. Put it on your cereal, in your workout shake, take flax seed oil, etc.
- Stop taking laxatives! Laxatives are poison which essentially ruin your intestinal walls and cause your colon to stop functioning normally. Use the above natural remedies instead.
- Get rid of the stodgy white bread, white rice, and white sugar in your house. Replace them with high fiber and natural choices.
- Drink water! You should be drinking half of your weight in ounces everyday to keep things moving along. Even more if you drink caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea, and pop as these beverages are very dehydrating.
- Use a daily fiber supplement such as AIM Herbal Fiberblend or Fiberbalance.Visit our AIM Store for more information.
It will help to keep you regular, clean your colon walls, and eliminate parasites. We all have them!
- Use an herbal laxative supplement if necessary such as Triphala or Cascara Sagrada. They’re not habit forming and are far better for your colon health than over the counter laxatives. AIM Cascara Sagrada is a good one.
Visit our AIM Store for more information or to purchase AIM Products.
- Exercise. Moving around staying active does something for your bowels. We all know that. It’s the sedentary and older people that usually have problems with constipation.
- Rebound. Rebounding (jumping up and down on a mini trampoline) is a great way to detoxify your lymphatic system and it helps to keep you regular.
- Use a foot stool when you’re on the toilet. It helps to avoid straining and is closer to the natural squatting position we should be in.
Good luck and let me know if you have any more suggestions. I’d love to hear them!